Here is a fun yet highly unlikely rumor. The guys over at Androidandme have suggested that the LG phone codenamed “Megalodon” could be the next Nexus phone at 5.2″. The specs would be pretty sweet, but may be a little outlandish for a Nexus device.
Reportedly, the specifications include the following:
- 5.2″ OLED Display with 1920×1080 resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 @ 2.3 GHz
- 3GB LPDDR3 Ram
- 16/32/64GB of internal storage
- 16MP rear camera by OmniVision (4k video recording @30FPS, 1080p video recording @60FPS, Real Time HDR & HDR video recording, optical image stabilization, BSI 2.0)
- 2.1MP front camera (1080p video recording @30FPS)
- 3300 mAh Lithium Polymer battery
- Front positioned stereo speakers
- Qualcomm RF360 (LTE 150 Mbps & HSPA+)
- Integrated DVB-T / ATSC-antenna
- Gesture like controls (navigation, zoom, etc)
If LG decided to offer this device as a standalone with a mostly vanilla version of Android this would be a great looking device for the summer. However Some of the specs do seem to be for a phone that would release in the fall, which would line up with the Nexus 5 release. I guess we will see. What do you guys think? Is this the next Nexus?