<iframe width=”425″ height=”349″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/Yc0r4NTRLrM?hl=en&fs=1″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
[WARNING: All backups made with other Recoveries (even older Safestrap versions) will NOT be accessible in the new version.
I moved the location of backup files to /sdcard/safestrap/backup (vs. /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup) so that users didn't accidentally restore a 2nd-system backup over their primary system in another recovery utility.
Please perform a backup while in Non-Safe mode to have a full 1st and 2nd system backup for disaster recovery. ]
** INSERT STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I’m not responsible for any damage you do to your phone using my tools. Always have a fastboot available for disaster recovery. **
I put up a contest to build the splashscreen for Safestrap. Due to issues where users wouldn’t have enough control over the image (if they didn’t like it), I launched Safestrap w/o the winner of that contest being the default. My apologies to mrcastillo who won with the Red Robot graphic. The next version of Safestrap will support changing the splashscreen and have all of the submissions to the contest included in the package.
- [11/06] FIXED: Changed /osh (webtop) partition to type: auto, so that restoring won’t break signature check and send you to fastboot fail message.
- [11/04] FIXED: 4G for Bionic Users in Safe System, removed “Back button disabled” functionality
- [11/03] Added “Quick Safe System Toggle” for users who absolutely don’t want the backup/restore between Safe System toggles.This would only be for users who are using stock-based ROMs on both 1st and 2nd system. Even then if you have a hung boot.. wipe data/cache and work from a restore.
- I know the swap from Non-safe to Safe system is long. It’s meant to put your system back to pristine (or close to) condition. In the future, I may add some options for how the 1st and 2nd system swaps are handled. E.g. “Don’t backup /data between swaps”, “Don’t backup /cache between swaps”, etc. For users who are mainly using 2 MotoBlur based ROMs. These would be dangerous settings to play with if you forget about it and then go to a CM7 build which should have it’s own data. You could hang at the boot.
- I need to handle the default “Reboot Recovery” triggers that Koush’s Bootstrap handles. ROMs like Liberty which have those options won’t work correctly till I add them.
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- Koush who develops such a GREAT recovery system and the makes the source available for others to use.
- The Atrix dev team who I pulled the internal/external SD card support from
- The Defy dev team that originally developed the Bootmenu source which I stripped down and used for the Splashscreen.
As always, let me know what you think!