The Jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 is now here! This is an untethered Jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1. In this post I’ll be telling all the steps your need to follow in order to Jailbreak your device properly. Happy Jailbreaking!
Windows v0.2 - http://bit.ly/yD0gQt
- If you have a passcode lock on your device you must turn it off before you do thisjailbreak.
- If you experience the “error establishing database connection” bug on your device go to Settings > Network > VPN and turn it ON.
- To fix “Camera Roll” error where you don’t have any photos or videos you have to rerun the app once to fix, then another time to complete jailbreak.
- If you got white icons after the jailbreak or had issues with VPN try running the newest version v0.2 of the JB.
Step by step guide to Jailbreak:
1: Download Absinthe using the links above and extract the zip file by double clicking on it. Now open up the Absinthe application. If you’re on windows right click on Absinthe and run it as an administrator.
2: Make sure your device is plugged into your computer and updated to iOS 5.0.1. Now click the Jailbreak button.
3. The process will take a while, some users have said it took up to 15 minutes so just sit patient until you see the bar completely.
4. Once the process is complete the bar will be filled up and the application will say:
“Almost done – just unlock the screen if necessary, then tap the “jailbreak” icon to finish.”
So thats what you need to do! Find the Absinthe icon on your homescreen, open it up and Cydia should begin installing and reboot your device.
NOTE: At the current moment the website it loads up to install Cydia is down because so many users are trying it right now. If it doesn’t work on the first few tries just come back in a few hours and it should be good to go.
5. Now you’re device is Jailbroken, congrats!!!