Originally Posted by dsmitty166 You have done great work here. Top notch, the crazy thing is, even after trying to root about 6 times and being unsuccessful, I wasn’t at all worried when I started PrimeTime.
Originally Posted by currentuserjadeAsus should send you a commission check, PrimeTime is the only reason I didn’t return the TFP today!!! Thanks again!!!
Introducing viperMOD PrimeTime! An automated rooting program for your Asus Transformer Prime TF201 (ICS or HC supported) and the Asus Transformer TF101. It is very simple and easy to use with extra features that other root methods don’t have. Works on Prime’s that lost root with the ICS OTA! Now, here is how it works…
- Download the .zip
- Plug in your Transformer and make sure to install the drivers located in the included .zip (unless you can already adb into your device, then no need for drivers)
- Kill Asus Sync and Splashtop! – very important!!
- Make sure you have NO OTHER ANDROID DEVICES connected via USB!
- If on Linux, you may need to do “chmod a+x /path/to/primetime/primetime.sh” (no quotes)
- Run the viperMOD PrimeTime.exe and choose an option.
- After rooting, download OTA Root Keeper from the Market!
It’s as simple as that! I have tested this about 30 times (both rooting and unrooting) and it works just fine! I would HIGHLY recommend downloading Voodoo Root Keeper!! Any issues or questions, please feel free to post here! Enjoy your rooted Prime
Things you should NOT do!
- Try to root with the Transformer in the dock
- Use a USB extension cable
- Not download OTA Root Keeper
- Not follow directions
Updated 2.22 – v4.5
- Added Asus Unlock Tool install and automated CWM flash
HC root based on NachoRoot by jcase and TeamAndIRC.
ICS root based on TPSparkyRoot by sparkym3.
Latest ICS root based on https://github.com/saurik/mempodroid by Saurik.
[ Website ] [ Twitter ] [ Issue Tracker ]
[TOOL][Updated 2.22.12]viperMOD PrimeTime v4.5 | Auto Root/Unroot/Busybox/CMW Flash!
| Transformer Prime |